What's on your mind?
So the ending of Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow we saw what maybe the beginning of an alternative timeline: where Ed and Kelly never got together. What do you guys think of this? And what do you think and or want to happen?
Personally, I think it should be interesting. After Star Trek has mirror and alternative universes, so the Orville can too.
Probably just me, but I think Young Kelly may be bi. She likes Ed, but she also likes women. i.e. Talla. So maybe in the alternative timeline, she became Captain and Talla as First Officer.
Is it just me, is the writing getting better?
Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow
Glad I didn't give up on it.
Young Kelly, what can I say WOW!
guys, i have added the Page for the Moclan Battlecruiser, i will add more ships
my list of ships
Leviathan Heavy cruiser
Cruiser Class (Union)
It seems weird to me that there are no visible artificial beings in the Union. There is the ships' AI, or maybe on other devices, but mute and, in some sense, "slave" to the organics.
It would be cool if the Laura simulation in Last Impressions were actually the ship's computer, who found a security loophole in the way Gordon created this free-style simulation... so Gordon actually fell in love with the ship in disguise.
They should, since its a important part of the orville and its basically the plot for a few episodes of the orville.
(Also im new here, so hi.)
So what happened to the fake Leyna Channing/Envall? Last we saw her Dr. Finn and Talla locked her in the guest room and stabilized the room so she won't explode.
I'm new here, and there's something that's been bothering me since the start of the show. How does Seth name the ships? The ones we know of so far (there are probably more) are the Orville, the Olympia, the Hawking, the Quimby and whatever Halsey's ship is called. What is the common ground between them?
The following is a discussion thread for how we should overhaul the Wiki's current policy for page creation as discussed in the Manual of Style. As of right now the majority of users and even staff on the Wiki don't have a clear understanding of what is and isn't allowed, or what the we should strive to create.
In order to move forward our community must come together for a Consensus and discuss what kind of pages will and won't be allowed on the Orville Wiki.
With that said, this is not designed to be a simple vote but rather a discussion thread for how to improve the Wiki and its page creation standards. Please respect this by giving evidence and reasons for any and all positions that are supported here.
Time for another theory.
I think when the Kaylon reactivated Isaac with that gizmo they pressed on his chest infected him with a virus that turn him against the Orville crew. Or more precisely, they restore his anti-bios feelings. I think Ty Finn was right when he said Isaac did have feelings for the crew. Isaac developed them from being on the Orville. His original plan was to help the Kaylon learn more about the bios to help the Kaylon take over Earth. Notice how his eyes are blue compare to the other Kaylon whose eyes are red. The Kaylon shut Isaac down not because his observation was complete, but they detect that his "weakness" love for the bios that will interfere with the original plans of him helping them take over Earth. That means next episode something will cause Isaac to overcome the virus and join the Orville crew again against his fellow Kaylon.
Suggestion: Assess and possibly change how we represent species in the first and foremost image, that of the infobox. Of course, a good deal of species are represented by a single individual so there is not much alternative there, but what I am focusing on here is the "Big Four" (Humans, Moclans, Xelayans, Krill).
As it stands now, the Big Four are represented by the following basic images.
Human: A promotional image of Ed Mercer.
Moclan: A promotional image of Bortus.
Xelayan: A promotional image of Alara Kitan.
NOTE: Pretty much the same images are used on the respective character pages. As Season 1 promotional images, they could perhaps be replaced with newer images, but that's another matter.
Krill: A trio of soldiers from ''Old Wounds''. If I remember correctly, the image is infact the very first glimpse of the Krill seen in the initial trailer. With that in mind, Krill may be in most need of a change, depending on how you look at it.
The point I am trying to make is, perhaps it would be more prudent to replace the existing images with more diverse views of the respective species. I would welcome thoughts on this topic as I myself am not sure exactly how to proceed. While I, for one, would like to see more diverse representative images, I do understand that a point could be made to retain the existing images as they appear; especially in the case of Moclan and Xelayan since their images, as with the vast majority of species pages, fulfill a simple purpose in that they feature a single example of the race, clearly displaying their external differences from humans. In any case, I have already prepared several candidates for each.
Humans on bridge.jpg
My ideal image for humans would have all five main characters (Ed, Kelly, Gordon, John and Claire).
1. A cropped promotional image from ''Mad Idolatry'', featuring Kelly, Ed, John, and Gordon (excluding Alara). A very good image as all four are in clear view, though Dr. Finn is absent.
2. A cropped screenshot from ''Old Wounds'', featuring Ed, Kelly, Gordon, John, Claire, and Dr. Aronov. Pro: All five characters featured as well as a guest. Con: Uneven focus.
3. A screenshot from ''About a Girl'' featuring all five of our humans as well as Alara. Pro: All five main characters clearly shown. Con: With all due respect to Alara, she would not belong in the profile for humans, but her appearance in this image can easily be handwaved in the caption.
Moclans exclaiming Ja'loja.jpg
Bortus fam dinner.jpg
Moclan Tribunal Jury.jpg
1. Celebrating Bortus' birthday. While this would be a "nice" image to use, one must ask if the use of a such "happy families" image would be appropriate/accurate here considering the various in-universe controversies regarding the Moclans and the friction between Bortus and Klyden.
2. Klyden, Topa, and two other Moclans celebrating Bortus' Ja'loja. Pro: Features Moclans partaking in one of their traditional rituals. Con: No Bortus.
3. Bortus' family at the dinner table. An alternative, perhaps more "real" look at the family.
4. The Moclan tribunal. Pro: Reflects the male-dominated Moclus. Con: No Bortus or family.
Kitan family photo.jpg
1. The assembled Kitan family (while held at gunpoint by the Borrins).
2. Alara's happy family photo. Pro: Depending on how you look at it (in contrast to the Moclan family question above), featuring them here may be more appropriate than the former image, where their distress is visible. Con: Neither main character (Alara or Talla) is visible (at least in their recognizable form).
Sazeron and Haros.jpg
1. Krill at service (including both males and females (including Telaya, the most prolific Krill character), as well as "Chris and Devon").
2. Complete Krill audience. Pro: Most diverse (features both genders, both soldiers and religious officials, and notable characters. Con: Perhaps this gathering may be too large.
3. Promotional image of High Priest Sazeron and Captain Haros. Pro: Features two notable characters with distinct positions. Con: No Telaya.
4. Krill captain and two soldiers as seen in 2x04. Pro: A fine representation of the Krill as "bad guys". Con: No Telaya, and perhaps it would not do ''The Orville'' justice to want to present the Krill as simply "baddies".
5. The Krill soldier in the shuttle from ''Old Wounds''. (Represents a single individual as with the current state of the human, Moclan and Xelayan articles.)
In any case, some of these candidate images would fit well on their respective pages should they be deemed unworthy of the infobox.
NOTE: Though a major species, Kaylon are as yet only represented by Isaac. However, as we may well be visiting the planet later on in Season 2, we may potentially have a new image for the Kaylon on our hands as well.
The Kobali are one of the most technologically advanced species in charted space, and like the Calivon, view those around them as physically and mentally inferior. Because of that, other species find the Kobali to be equally condescending and a-moral like the Calivon. However, the Kobali do treat other advanced species as moral equals, such as the Kaylon and the Calivon.
The Kobali are a humanoid species from the planet Kobali III. They outwardly resembled very attractive humans with blonde hair, but their blood chemistry is cobalt(II) oxide-aluminium oxide, or cobalt(II) aluminate, CoAl2O4 and have a six-lobed brain and a binary cardiovascular system instead of a singular cardiovascular system.
Kobali III (picture below)
Inspired by Wookieepedia's use of ogg. audio files, I propose that [[Template:Quote]] be modified with the option to attach an audio file. I have already made a handful of Orville quote files and, if accepted, would upload them to be used here. I have found that such a modification could easily be applied to the current revision of the Template, indeed, I have already made a sucessful test on another Wiki.
24 Votes in Poll