So I just noticed there are a lot of similarities between the kaylon from the orville, and the automated control units from star trek voyager "prototype" (season 2, episode 13), and thought that was very interesting.
- the kaylon and automated personnel units both look very similar, with a silver skin design
- they both have incredibly similar voices and cadences that sound like isaac in the orville
- the kaylon were made by a race of biological lifeforms they referred to as the "builders", who they later killed
- the automated personnel unit were made by two different biological races (the praylor and cravic) that they both referred to as the "builders", who they also later killed
- the kaylon later manufactured more kaylon themselves
- the automated personnel units also tried to manufacture more of their species themselves
It doesn't just seem like there's a few similarities, it seems like they're almost exactly the same. Do you think the writers/producers of the orville could have based the kaylon on the automated personnel units?