Epsilon 2 is a planet and research colony of the Planetary Union. The planet's only colony station is the Epsilon Science Station where cutting-edge scientific research is conducted.Epsilon 2 is an outpost devoted exclusively to scientific inquiry."🔈ℹ︎— Ed Mercer, Bortus and Gordon Malloy
"Researchers from all over the galaxy petition to work there."
"Really? Wow. Any good bars?
The planet has two orbiting moons.
The planet sits on the frontier of Union space (abutting Krill territory). Some time before 2418, the Union establishes the world as a scientific colony, hosting the famed Epsilon Science Station. Epsilon 2 quickly gains the reputation as a place where researches may work unfettered by the expectations of planetary governments.
On September, 2419, the USS Orville is dispatched to the planet to deliver supplies. However, the supply mission is a pretext for help against Krill attempting acquire Station's new quantum bubble technology.
- According to Navigator John LaMarr, it takes the Orville 19 hours, 51 minutes minutes to get to Epsilon 2 from Earth.
- If that amount of time was calculated based on the Orville's maximum speed of ten light years per hour, Epsilon 2 and Earth are 190.85 light years apart.
- The image of Epsilon 2 appears on a bridge console screen behind Isaac as he performs his analysis of the magnetar in New Beginnings, Pt. 1.
- Episode 1x01: Old Wounds
- Episode 1x06: Krill (mentioned only)
- Episode 1.5x01: New Beginnings, Pt. 1
- Episode 1.5x04: The Word of Avis, Pt. 2