The Plasma Pistol (The World of the Orville: Krill hand weapon) is a one-handed energy gun used by Krill soldiers. The weapon fires packets of concentrated plasma. Together with the Plasma Rifle, it is one of the two standard-issue energy weapons used by the Krill.
Schematics are published in The World of the Orville. The middle of the gun converts matter into plasma and is ejected through the Plasma Emitter Barrel. The end prongs have been called both Plasma Focus Arrays and Focus Array Arms, and are designed to direct the energy blast and to intimidate. The top of the gun also holds a Plasma Residue Exhaust and heat ports.
The Plasma Pistol was designed by property master Bryan Rodgers shortly after finishing the Planetary Union's pistol, the PM-44, which makes the Plasma Pistol the third-earliest gun developed after the PM-44 and the PM-32. The guns come equipped with working triggers and blaster lights.
While discussing the Plasma Pistol, Rodgers stated: "I always try to follow the rule of having all the prop creations, especially the weapons, feel as though they truly belong to that race."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The World of the Orville
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 @bryanrodgerssoa. "Plasma Focus Arrays, intimidation elements considered. More detail in Art of the Orville Book.". Twitter. March 26, 2019.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "The Orville Fan Podcast w/ Bryan Rodgers (23)". Planetary Union Network. Dec. 6, 2018.
- ↑ @TomCostantino. "MORE-@TheOrville from our 📞’s, thanks to master-propmaster @Bryanrodgerssoa. The Krill Officer Plasma Pistol. The hero guns have working triggers and blaster lights. @SethMacFarlane #TheOrville @planetary_union". Twitter. March 26, 2019.
- ↑ @bryanrodgerssoa. "I always try to follow the rule of having all the prop creations, especially the weapons, feel as though they truly belong to that race.". Twitter. March 26, 2019.