Description[edit | edit source]
Xelaya was widely considered to be one of the most beautiful planets in the entire Union with highly developed modern cities sitting between forests, beaches, and large oceans. The atmosphere of Xelaya gave its sky a naturally purple-blue hue. Like Earth, the planet had continents and islands separated by oceans.
Only one geographic region of Xelaya is known with certainty, Xenara, where a university campus was located. A second possible region could be Frizzia, identified as the source of Frizzian champagne, but it is unclear whether this site was on Xelaya.
Xelaya's gravitational pull was many times greater than the planetary average. Living creatures like Xelayans and eevaks had power and strength many times that of species from other worlds. Visiting species, such as Humans, survive on the planet only through the use of special protective technologies like environmental suits and gravity shields.
Eevaks were an equine-like species of animals native to Xelaya, domesticated and ridden not unlike horses on Earth.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Alara had a framed picture of Xelaya above her desk in her office.
- With rare exceptions, the planet's spelling throughout of Season 1 was "Xelaya." In Season 2, the spelling changed to "Xelayah."
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Episode 1x01: Old Wounds (mentioned only)
- Episode 1x05: Pria (picture only)
- Episode 1x07: Majority Rule (mentioned only)
- Episode 2x03: Home