In the fall of 2419, Captain Haros leads the Yakar on an attack on the Union colony planet of Chara 3. Its inhabitants are killed and resources taken.
In November or December, 2419, the Yakar is infiltrated by Union officers Captain Ed Mercer and Helmsman Gordon Malloy, attempting to obtain a copy of the Anhkana. While on board, they learn that the Yakar's mission is to destroy the farming colony on Rana 3 with a prototype neutron field generator.
Mercer and Malloy rig the ship's lights to release a burst of UV light, burning the entire crew to death save for the children and Teleya, their schoolteacher, all of whom were protected by Mercer. The neutron field generator successfully launches its missile, but Malloy is able to destroy it midflight.
- For general schematics or information on its class, see the article: Krill destroyer.
Prior to capture by the Union, the Yakar was commanded by Captain Haros. High Priest Sazeron oversaw religious affairs and served as adviser to Haros. The ship hosted a complement of a large but unknown number of crewmembers. Despite being a military vessel, the Yakar allowed the families of crewmembers to live on board.
List of known personnel:
- Haros commissioned the architects of the ship to construct a chapel as a copy of the one that Haros attended as a child.
- The entire set of the Yakar was built inside the set of the Orville's Shuttle Bay.
- Episode 1x06: Krill
- Episode 1.5x01: New Beginnings, Pt. 1 (mentioned only)
- Episode 1.5x03: The Word of Avis, Pt. 1 (flashback)
- Episode 2x04: Nothing Left on Earth Excepting Fishes (mentioned only)
- Episode 2x09: Identity, Pt. 2 (mentioned only)
- ↑ "The Orville Fan Podcast w/ Jason Roberts (The Orville Unit Production Manager)". Planetary Union Network. April 19, 2018.